Apps and game development is a booming market. You would need up to date information, knowledge and skills to work with emerging technologies to stand out from the competition. Harvard and Curtin universities offer FREE courses that on mobile app and game development.
Currently, Gradhopper lists more than 1200 online courses hosted by it’s university or EdX which is the only open source platform. EdX offers a verified certificate for an additional fee, if you wish to include in your resume.
Although this article contains only few FREE courses, you will find many more relevant courses in our Knowledge Base.
- Project: Create an iOS app from start to finish, Curtin University
- You will learn how to design, develop and test an iOS app to be listed in App store.
- This course focuses on effective design principles, brainstorming, planning, prototyping, testing and evaluation, and more.
- 8-10 hours per week to cover the course in 6 weeks.
- Build your very first iOS app, Curtin University
- You will learn the use of Swift programming language, apple developer tools (Xcode, Interface Builder, Documentation Browser), and understanding of coding and app development.
- After this course, you will be able to design, develop and build your own simple iOS apps.
- 8-10 hours per week to cover the course in 8 weeks.
- Mobile App Development with React Native, Harvard University
- You will get the hands-on project experience with React and its paradigms, app architecture and user interfaces.
- 6-9 hours per week to cover the course in 13 weeks.
- Introduction to Game Development, Harvard University
- This course provides basics of game design and development.
- You will learn principles of 2D and 3D graphics, animation, sound and collision detection, Unity and LÖVE 2D, Lua, C# and more.
- 6-9 hours per week to cover the course in 12 weeks.